Intro to Art
1. Define specific vocabulary words that relate to art characteristics.
2. Make decisions and use the elements of art.
Today I want you to start thinking about the elements of art that we discuss today. We will be using these building blocks to create your first project which will combine multiple elements to create a work of art.
Carson Catlin’s website
1. Your goal (TASK) is to create a 3″ x 3″ x 3″ 3-D Cube without any seams. In other words, use the tools at your table to create a paper sculpture that looks like a solid object.
Take a look a the materials that you have:
9″ x 12″ Card Stock
6″ – 7″ of tape
So our goal (TASK) is to create a 3″ x 3″ x 3″ 3-D Cube without any seams. In other words, use the tools at your table to create a paper sculpture that looks like a solid object.
You will choose what your grade will be based upon, a written reflection that you make once the time limit has passed or the overall appearance of the cube. The main concept is to use the knowledge from yesterday, the relationship between shapes and forms, to create a 3-D piece.
1. understand the color mixing in the palette and on the painting.
2. analyze the techniques used to create a piece of work.
1. I can use various materials to show my understanding of “value” and “contrast” and explain their roles in dynamic art production.
2. I can use intricate shading when rendering observed objects and spaces accurately.