Intro to Art: Critique Day
1. Tell others why I like artwork using references from the past and present.
2. Discuss the importance of an artwork.
A little different take on today’s critique. We will look at the opposing classes projects and do an in-depth critique of a specific piece.
Journal Self-Reflection: Find one piece that you feel strongly did not accomplish the goals of the project and compare 3 characteristics to a project that you feel was successful.
Ceramics: Kiln Firing Quiz/Glazes
1. discuss the significance of glazes
2. properly apply glazes to a piece of ceramic.
Painting: Still Life Acrylic Painting
1. Build a painting by using a step-by-step process
2. Describe the significance of layering and blending specific hues.
We will be finishing up our still life today. The goal is to use previously practiced techniques to finish the painting and add as much detail as possible to create a life-like painting.
Drawing: Still Life Drawing
1. Tell others why I like/dislike artwork using references from the past and present.
2. Discuss the importance of a specific art making techniques.
While today’s critique will be mainly teacher lead, we will also be taking a look at a view artists who excelled at using still life as their subjects.