Intro to Art: Social Commentary Collage
1. Learn reasons why artist create art that is important for themselves.
2. Brainstorm ideas that I might want to use for an art piece.
We will take some time today to learn what types of ideas are important to artists when creating art, and how they make art personal to themselves.
We will be exploring artists whose art carry special meeting like Banksy and Romare Bearden.
- Bonus 5pts for the first 3 people who tweet my dog’s name within the first 5 minutes of class. Hint: it’s Sam!
- Bonus 10pts for the first 3 people who tweet the 3 sets of complementary colors.
Ceramics: Glazing and Day of the Dead Skulls
1. Properly apply glaze to my pinch pot projects
2. Continue to use pinching and pulling techniques to build a 3-D skull.
Like I said last week, we will be actively working on two projects throughout the card marking. Glazing must be completed by the end of this week. We will work on completing the sculpting part of our skulls by this Wed.
Painting: Personal Still Life
1. Learn how to properly compose an image for drawing or painting.
2. Discuss specific reasons why artists use objects as subjects to paint.
Bonus 5pts. to the first 3 people to tweet at least 3 colors and their SPECIFIC names to me within the first 5 minutes of class.
We will be discussing a couple really important concepts when it comes to creating a painting. You will be looking for an object that is special to you that you will use in a still life painting for our next project.
Drawing: Composition and Perspective
1. Discuss the importance of properly composing an image on my paper
2. Identify poorly composed images.
Today I want to talk about some important concepts when it comes to composing an image. Too many times we rush into a drawing without really stepping back to think about what we really want to do. I also want to go over the “5 things..” handout. No, you won’t be quizzed or tested on it, but it really is nice to hold onto as a reminder before we get caught up in the sketch.