Intro to Art: Visual Song Lyrics
· Effectively use balance in my own personal piece
· Create a visual theme that matches musical characteristics.
…at the end of the class, make sure you can talk about whether or not your is drawing balanced? Ask yourself, have I filled the entire paper with the abstract form(s)?
Ceramics: Free Standing/Hanging Tessellation
- Identify the 3 types of Tessellation patterns
- Describe what characteristics make up a Tessellation pattern
You will be creating a ceramic pattern that is either free-standing or can be hung on the wall. Make sure you check out the specific criteria on the board before you start.
Painting: Watercolor Pencil Still Life
- Learn to use new media to get desired painterly effects
- Effectively blend colors to create a still life.
Today we will be working with watercolor pencil media. Take careful note of the techniques used in today’s class as well as the attached video:
Drawing: Geometric Value Study Critique
- Define the 4 types of value rendering techniques.
- Practice using these techniques on a drawing of my own.
Our main goal for today is to have a group discussion on some of the successful techniques that we observe during today’s critique, as well as personally pointing out 5 aspects that could be rendered a bit stronger.