Intro to Art: Perspective Drawing
- Use specific characteristics of a 1pt perspective drawing to…
- Draw a unique 1pt perspective drawing.
Building on the ideas that we work with yesterday, we are going to push our 1 point perspective drawings to another level. Rectangles and squares are easy once you get the hang of it, but more complex shapes can be a challenge. We will continue to refer back to the “Rules of Thumb,” so make sure you have them written down and can always refer back to them.
Remember to stay on task today and refer back to the goal. Can you ready to make a 1pt. perspective drawing on your own? Could you handle all the specific ideas we talked about in class at home on your own?
Ceramics: Tessellation Decoration
“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
- Identify the 3 types of Tessellation patterns
- Describe what characteristics make up a Tessellation pattern.
I know many of you had pieces lost in the wreckage. Stay the course!!! I know that there is only 4 days left, but imagine how much easier it is to say to your boss, “I know that the reports are due today, and I am aiming to get them done as soon as possible, but it might not be done right on time.” Rather than, “The reports were to hard, so I just didn’t do them.”
Painting: Narrative Collage
- Choose media, techniques and processes that best serve my art, and the communication of my ideas.
- Exercise the following skill sets: under painting, monochrome coloration, washes, staining, glazing,mixing values, dry brushing, blending etc.
Final day for working with this piece. I know there are some frustrations among some of you. That is good, you have high expectations for your work. However make sure that you’ve taken into consideration what the goals were for this project.
Are you working towards completing this piece as a whole, or are you making the decision to focus in on the strongest part of your painting and really make it successful?
Drawing: Paper Bag Still Life
- Define the 4 types of value rendering techniques.
- Demonstrate my understanding of using these techniques on a portfolio drawing of my own.