Intro to Art: 2 PT Perspective Hallway Drawings
- Create 2 point perspective drawings that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to technique and process.
- Create 2 point perspective and Value drawing that uses COMPOSITION to solve visual challenges.
Review with neighbors the progress of creating a perspective drawing and the proper use of 2 point perspective. What are the big challenges you might face with the finding a hallway view?
We end up finishing this project today, so make sure you have a copy of the rubric attached to the back of your drawing. Remember, setting goals for yourself is so important when talking about “good” or SUCCESSFUL projects. Have you done that so far?
Ceramics: Slab Cube Construction
- Apply acquired knowledge and skill to the creative problem solving process
- Responsibly and safely manage materials and tools.
Firing will take place today and Wednesday, so how are you going to use this information to reach your deadline. Also, this Friday will be our last BINDER CHECK of the card marking. The end of the card marking means checking up to make sure we are as organized as possible to keep our projects from having successful outcomes.
Self-Reflection Journal: Throughout the week I would like you to think about some of the issues you ran into with your cylindrical container. How have you avoided running into these issues with your box project? If you had the same issues, what might concerns do you have when creating? Is it the materials? The construction method? Explain.
Painting: Piece Swap Work Day
- Use input from a critique towards successfully reaching my goals
- Learn the significance of writing an ARTIST STATEMENT
Yes, today we are in the lab. If you haven’t done so by now, grab a hand-out with the step-by-step instructions for locating and duplicating the artist statement file.
You will need to duplicate this and then share the file with me if you run out of time and are not able to print. Make sure all of the qualifications for the statement have been followed so that you can maximize the amount of points you receive. Missing any one of these criteria means the statement is INCOMPLETE!!!
Drawing: Marble Still Life
- Successfully use colored pencils to achieve desired results
- Be able to discuss my decisions by using appropriate terms and vocabulary
2 days left with this one, what are you setting your sights on right now for today’s class to complete? How will this directly affect your still life?
Weekly Self-Reflection Journal Topic: With 2 card markings in the books now, how do you feel your work has progressed from DAY 1? I know we have done some “non-traditional” activities, like…READING, but has any of the discussed concepts/ideas sparked some things to think about? Can you apply any of this to other classes or situations happening in your everyday life?