“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
Intro to Art: Non-Objective Art
- Describe the meaning of NON-OBJECTIVE art objects within YOUR culture and time.
What were the different kinds and variations of lines you drew with today? What qualities of lines did you use and what messages do you think they communicate to an audience? What were your responses to the drawings that we worked on and why? Reflect with your neighbors about the drawings you did in class today and be able to identify the variety of different lines.
Ceramics : Face Mugs
- Learn and practice various building techniques that are specific to a project.
- Create a determined plan for my mug project.
I’ve created a few videos that I will refer to in regards to constructing the actual mug project. These were made a year ago, while the PROCESS stays the same, the actual challenge of the project will be different. Make sure today that you understand the specific direction that you will be heading in for this year’s project.
Painting: Color Swatch Book
- Discuss the importance of proper mixing techniques
- Apply media, technique, and process with skill and confidence
Drawing: The Basic Elements
- Identify the basic elements for drawing
- Discuss basic characteristics and qualities that these basic elements introduce to a drawing
What do YOU find useful from today’s exercise?
Here is a link to the handout from today’s class: WK 1 Basic Elements of Drawing