“Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama, SOTU 2014\
Intro to Art: Non-Objective Art
- Know about applying MARKER, CRAYON, WATERCOLOR by being AWARE of techniques, and processes so that your ideas are executed well.
- Apply ideas of Observation in art and use skill to solve visual challenges
What is the most challenging aspect of creating this composition?
Ceramics: Face Mugs / Attaching Handles
- Learn and practice various building techniques that are specific to a project.
- Create a determined plan for my mug project.
Since last week was a bit of a wash…We will spend some time reviewing the PROCESS of creating this mug. While your plan for the individual project is still important, your plan is only as strong as the process you build it upon!
Painting: Color Swatch Book
- Discuss the importance of proper mixing techniques
- Apply media, technique, and process with skill and confidence
While we are still in “catch-up” mode, we will really stress the importance of what this project really represents. Many of you will complete this before its due date. I would like you to think about some of the struggles you might have along the way when producing the end project so that it may be constructed better.
Drawing: Introduction to Gesture Drawing
- Identify characteristics of a GESTURE drawing
- Represent certain aspects of gesture drawing in my practice sketches
Since we had a small class last week, we will take some time to review parts of the warm-up that we will be using in every class. The rest of the time we will be studying some of the more important key parts of gesture drawing that will need to be understood before completing a sketch.