“Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama, SOTU 2014\
Intro to Art: Non-Objective Art
- Know about applying MARKER, CRAYON, WATERCOLOR by being AWARE of techniques, and processes so that your ideas are executed well.
- Apply ideas of Observation in art and use skill to solve visual challenges
Let’s take a look at the PROJECT TIMELINE and make sure that you are on track for completion. Tomorrow (Wed.) the goal should be set at 60% while Friday we look to put the finishing touches on everything. What are you doing to keep on track? What is your plan?
Ceramics: Face Mugs / Attaching Handles
- Learn and practice various building techniques that are specific to a project.
- Create a determined plan for my mug project.
Since last week was a bit of a wash…We will spend some time reviewing the PROCESS of creating this mug. While your plan for the individual project is still important, your plan is only as strong as the process you build it upon!
We look to wrap up our first mug this Wed. which means ultimately we would put it into the kiln for firing Thurs. Double check with the firing schedule to make sure your work will be fired on time!
Painting: Color Swatch Book
- Discuss the importance of proper mixing techniques
- Apply media, technique, and process with skill and confidence
While we are still in “catch-up” mode, we will really stress the importance of what this project really represents. Many of you will complete this before its due date. I would like you to think about some of the struggles you might have along the way when producing the end project so that it may be constructed better.
One of the biggest goals for this project was PROPER MIXING techniques. I can’t stress enough how much time is wasted when trying to achieve the right hue. What are you doing to keep track of your swatches?
Drawing: Introduction to Gesture Drawing
- Identify characteristics of a GESTURE drawing
- Represent certain aspects of gesture drawing in my practice sketches
Today we practice some of our gesture techniques that we’ve been discussing over the past few sessions. Make sure that you are looking for MOVEMENT and your drawing the story and exaggerating those marks. Most importantly have FUN!!!