Intro To Art: Glue Bottle Chronicles-The Self Portrait
- Start to APPLY my skills by executing my lines in a CONTOUR fashion
- PLAN what my portrait will look like using glue lines
Before we get started, I want to spend a little time looking at how exactly we are going to be using the glue bottles. I think it may be a good idea to practice and even have a scrap piece of paper to work your lines before you go and work on your final piece.
What type of plan do you have today as you approach using the glue? How does your approach differ from using the Sharpie?
Ceramics: “Open Sesame” Face-Off Challenge
- Comprehend the process of making a plan by ORGANIZING my strategy for this project
Before we get started, let’s go over again what your focus will be for this project. Once you feel comfortable with that, we need to start to come up with a PLAN. Now you won’t know right away if this plan will work or not, however, you need to start thinking about the route you will take considering the CONTESTANT CHOICE. Here you can start to think about a variety of different approaches you can use. Please refer to the HELP FOLDER below for a better version of some of the characters.
Painting: Hero-Glypics Challenge
- APPLY my ideas for the upcoming challenge by developing a sketch for my painting
We’ve completed 3 days of research. Now we move to organizing the ideas we’ve come up with to arrive at a plan for the painting. Due at the end of the hour, is your ACTION PLAN with the following important information:
- PROTAGONIST & ANTAGONIST
- SYMBOLS TO BE USED (optional)
- FLAT SKETCHES OF CHARACTERS
Drawing: Robo-Bean & Measuring Technique Practice
- DEMONSTRATE my understanding of various measuring techniques by practicing poses from class
While we will continue to practice the ROBO-BEAN today, we will also take a look at some of the various measuring techniques artist use when transferring a drawing. While some may be easier than others, it is important today that you try ALL of them so that you can properly understand the concepts behind them.
Remember, this WEDNESDAY, your ROBO-BEAN PRACTICE is due. All 3 Sets.