Intro To Art: Glue Bottle Chronicles-The Self Portrait
- Start to APPLY my skills by executing my lines in a CONTOUR fashion
- PLAN what my portrait will look like using glue lines
Before we get started, I want to spend a little time looking at how exactly we are going to be using the glue bottles. I think it may be a good idea to practice and even have a scrap piece of paper to work your lines before you go and work on your final piece.
What type of plan do you have today as you approach using the glue? How does your approach differ from using the Sharpie?
Ceramics: “Open Sesame” Face-Off Challenge
- Comprehend the process of making a plan by ORGANIZING my strategy for this project
You will be receiving your ACTION PLANS back from me today, those of you that don’t need to redo parts that have been filled out incorrectly and turn it back in for credit. Remember today as your research your PLAN, make sure the ideas that you are working with are realistic enough to fit in the time frame that you have been given.
Painting: Hero-Glypics Challenge
- APPLY my ideas for the upcoming challenge by developing a sketch for my painting
Before you take off painting everything, we will do a real quick demo involving the applying of a WASH as an UNDER PAINTING. We have done this before while using watercolor, however today we will focus on the differences with ACRYLIC.
As you work with the ACRYLIC paint, I’d like you to notice and respond to this statement on your ACTION PLAN:
- “I noticed _____________________ as a specific difference between the two painting styles, and can estimate that…”
Drawing: Robo-Bean & Measuring Technique Practice
- DEMONSTRATE my understanding of various measuring techniques by practicing poses from class
While we will continue to practice the ROBO-BEAN today, we will also take a look at some of the various measuring techniques artist use when transferring a drawing. While some may be easier than others, it is important today that you try ALL of them so that you can properly understand the concepts behind them.
Remember, this WEDNESDAY, your ROBO-BEAN PRACTICE is due. All 3 Sets.