Intro To Art: Glue Bottle Chronicles-The Self Portrait
- Start to APPLY my PAINTING skills by executing WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUES on my contour line drawing
- APPLY my PAINTING SKILLS by showing the various techniques previously practiced to fill in my contour line drawing
Do you remember yesterday’s question I asked you to think about…”What type of plan do you have today as you approach using the glue? How does your approach differ from using the Sharpie?”
Anyway, most of you should be at the point where you’ve started experimenting with the glue lines. Looking and moving forward to using watercolor to fill in those open areas, I would like you to go back and think about the variety of techniques we practiced (IE. Binder or my examples). How do you think you could compare the techniques you plan on using on your current project, to the one we previously completed (and is hanging up) last week?
Ceramics: “Open Sesame” Face-Off Challenge
- APPLY my ACTION PLAN’S idea(s) by constructing a clay wand for a character from FACE-OFF
It seems as though everyone made it through the PRE-PLANNING and PLANNING phase. Your ACTION PLANS will be given back to you and now you have STUDIO time to start CREATING.
REMEMBER the firing schedule for this project is Tues. and Thurs. This needs to be thought about while you create your projects and near completion.
Painting: Hero-Glypics Challenge
- APPLY my ideas for the upcoming challenge by developing a sketch for my painting
We’ve completed 3 days of research. Now we move to organizing the ideas we’ve come up with to arrive at a plan for the painting. Due at the end of the hour, is your ACTION PLAN with the following important information:
- PROTAGONIST & ANTAGONIST
- SYMBOLS TO BE USED (optional)
- FLAT SKETCHES OF CHARACTERS
Drawing: Robo-Bean & Measuring Technique Practice
- DEMONSTRATE my understanding of various measuring techniques by practicing poses from class
While we will continue to practice the ROBO-BEAN today, we will also take a look at some of the various measuring techniques artist use when transferring a drawing. While some may be easier than others, it is important today that you try ALL of them so that you can properly understand the concepts behind them.
Remember, this WEDNESDAY, your ROBO-BEAN PRACTICE is due. All 3 Sets.