Intro to Art: Patterns -vs- Motifs
- DESCRIBE the VISUAL differences between a PATTERN and MOTIF
- CREATE a basic MOTIF out of a simple shape BY ALTERING THE LOCATION OF THE SHAPE/DESIGN
Yesterday we spent some time in class discussing the differences between PATTERNS and MOTIFS. While the qualities are pretty much the same, they do have some distinct differences. As you work in class today, I want you guys to think about other changes you could make to your design while ROTATING your work.
Ceramics: Creative Bookends
- EXPLAIN the specifications for our final project
- ORGANIZE information in a way that will lead to a FINISHED and FUNCTIONAL project
Today we will be reviewing your final project: The Creative Bookends. While this is a bit different from our other projects, there are some specific and unique requirements that you will need to understand before you start work on it.
What types of products do you own today, that are both unique and serve additional functions?
Link to PROJECT CHALLENGE PRESENTATION
Painting: Pointillism and Benday Dots
1. DISCUSS and IDENTIFY the differences between painting techniques/movements and technology