#deconstructedcube #linedshapes #actionplans #saturdaymorningheroes #griddrawing
Ceramics: The De-Constructed Cube
Create & Produce
- Students will apply their understanding of their ACTION PLAN, by building a 3-D model based off of their designed sketch.
I’d like you to think about how you will best approach today’s class. What types of work can you get done and what is your GOAL moving forward with this period. How will this time affect your tomorrow’s class period?
Review with neighbors the relationships of the SHAPES to FORMS. When you look at your cube close…what types of FORMS can you see being created by removing / adding clay?
Intro to Art: Lined Shapes
CREATE & RESPOND
- Combine elements from a previous work completed in class and your understanding of how LINED SHAPES are created, by building a creative and unique composition.
What do you recall about LINE? Remember the 3 characteristics discussed last week? (check your sketchbook notes for this one!) Now while we are going to be working on some different color blending techniques in class, I’d like you to think about how you choose colors.
- Why is it important for an artist to choose colors CAREFULLY as they are developing a composition / artwork? What might the RIGHT colors do in an image versus the “wrong” colors? Talk about these ideas with your fellow classmates today in class.
Painting: Saturday Morning Heroes
CREATING & CONNECT
- Recall information from a prior class and demonstrate your understanding by creating an original acrylic painting.
- Apply your understanding of their ACTION PLAN, by painting an original idea based off their designed notes/sketch.
Most of you will start with your ideas that have been working on for the past few days. As you move through this process, I’d like you to think about each step you are taking from day-to-day. Try to use the Simpson’s exercise we worked on in class as guide to help through each step.
REMEMBER, there are many different items that you will be responsible for in starting / completing this painting. Our theme is a bit unique, so make sure as you look for images to use as reference you are keeping in mind the steps we took on our classroom exercise.
Drawing: GRID Drawing
Review the various items and markings on a ruler and be able to describe their (RULER) function/meaning.
Apply your understanding for GRID DRAWING (ENLARGING) by demonstrating their drawing skills within a classroom exercise.
Again, we will be working with the grid this afternoon. Just like yesterday’s class, the thought process needs to be the same only this time we are making a larger image. As we move through each square, think about what you LIKE / DISLIKE about this technique. What types of uses do you see this having in making your own personal art? What about applying it to real world situations?