Ceramics: Cylindrical Vessels
- Apply your working understanding about the relationships between SHAPES and FORMS by predicting the outcome of your work.
Let’s take a second to go back to yesterday’s class. Whether you were able to view the video or not, hopefully you left with a well-constructed pattern to start your construction. Today we will talk a little about the terminology and concept of creating this object, while also tying some of the information to some more historical/factual concepts.
Take what we have already discussed in class this far…What types of CONCERNS do you have building this FORM?In what ways are these two FORMS (cube and cylinder) the same / different?
If you need to take a look at the Pattern video from yesterday, click here…Making a Ceramic Mug Pattern Pt. 1
Intro to Art: Sketchbook #4 Batman Villan
- demonstrate your understanding for the procedures of the weekly sketchbook theme (BATMAN VILLAIN) by completing a themed/timed sketch.
Use time in class to sketch out your favorite one, however on the back, I’d like a quick description about why you choose the bad-guy you drew. Use this sentence starter when describing your choice:
“Taking into consideration the many villains in Batman’s “Rogues Gallery,” I selected…”
Painting: Working with TEXTURE
- Continue with identifying specific characteristics of creating TEXTURE by ACRYLIC BLENDING and listing various materials that can be used to create a painterly effect.
- Build a WORKING KNOWLEDGE (you can define them, and use them with confidence) of vocabulary terms that are SPECIFIC to PAINTING, by re-writing the meanings in your own terms on your demonstrated notes.
Today we will work EXCLUSIVELY with GEL MEDIUM. Gel medium is a TRADITIONAL material that has a wide range of uses in painting.
As the we experiment, I’d like you to think back to the various materials we’ve used and answer this week’s Weekly Reflection using the starter:
- “Of all the new techniques practice this week, I can see myself using ______ because of ….”
- “To reach this specific affect, I’d combine _______ and ______ because of…”
Drawing: Sketchbook #4 Movemeber
- demonstrate your understanding for the procedures of the weekly sketchbook theme (Mustached Heroes) by completing a themed/timed sketch.
November is here…wait…no, MO-vember is here. To celebrate the “weird” but worthwhile cause, today’s theme will focus our facial haired heroes for yester-year.