Ceramics: Introduction to Sculpture
1. Practice basic SCULPTING skills through class demonstration
2. Document both the PROCESS and RESULTS of your work that you’ve create during class time
During the next few days we will be exploring some very basic sculpting techniques, and while this will most likely be the very first time many of you have practiced these things, it is incredibly important that take photos of the work you finish so that you can get credit. These items WILL NOT be fired, as they are just practice work, but understand, the techniques you are working with CAN/WILL NEED to be applied to your final project.
Intro to Art: Making Tessellation
1. Create the a REFLECTION tessellation within a classroom demonstration
2. Be able to confidently discuss the differences between the 3 types of tessellations practiced in class.
We will be wrapping up today with our final work with tessellation designs. While most of the work we have been practicing involves specific steps, the most important take-away from today class is that you have the ability to discuss KEY differences (like where the cut-out pieces relocate to, and how to relocate the next tracing) by working through any issues you have in class. I will point out some areas that trip students up a bit, but your responsibility is to take class time and work out any issues that you might have since we will be referring to this art style for our final project.
Drawing: Introduction to 2PT Perspective
Produce & Connect
- Refer back to 1PT Perspective rules, to CREATE objects that use SPACE and DEPTH in a 2PT drawing
- Be able to point out KEY DIFFERENCES in both drawing styles, as well as identify most common mistakes, and how to avoid them.