Ceramics: Introduction to Sculpture
1. Continue to practice basic SCULPTING skills through class demonstration
2. Document both the PROCESS and RESULTS of your work that you’ve create during class time
We are going to again visit some basic sculpting techniques, and while this will be a continuation of practice from yesterday’s class, most likely many of you will still be trying to work out some little kinks here hand there. I really need to make something clear though, even though these items WILL NOT be fired, as they are just practice work, the techniques you are working with CAN/ and WILL NEED to be applied to your final project.
Intro to Art: Making Tessellation
1. Create the a REFLECTION tessellation within a classroom demonstration
2. Be able to confidently discuss the differences between the 3 types of tessellations practiced in class.
We will be wrapping up today with our final work with tessellation designs. While most of the work we have been practicing involves specific steps, the most important take-away from today class is that you have the ability to discuss KEY differences (like where the cut-out pieces relocate to, and how to relocate the next tracing) by working through any issues you have in class. I will point out some areas that trip students up a bit, but your responsibility is to take class time and work out any issues that you might have since we will be referring to this art style for our final project.
Drawing: Introduction to 2PT Perspective
Produce & Connect
- Refer back to 1PT Perspective rules, to CREATE objects that use SPACE and DEPTH in a 2PT drawing
- Be able to point out KEY DIFFERENCES in both drawing styles, as well as identify most common mistakes, and how to avoid them.