Ceramics 2: Intergalactic Champions Challenge
- DESCRIBE your understanding of PROJECT REQUIREMENTS by participating in an artist(s) demonstration.
- LISTEN and reflect on the demonstrated techniques used to create an original piece by observing a professional artist.
We will be taking a look at some of the “Face-Off’s” contestants works over the hour, and maybe finishing up tomorrow with a STATEMENT from each contestant once their pieces are ready to be judged. Be sure to check out the HELP FOLDER for any additional information that you might need when working on this challenge.
Intro to Art: Contrast and Composition
- Build COMPREHENSION skills by discussing the various ways artists compose a piece of art.
- Orally defend and explain their choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Painting 2: Introduction to Composition
- Develop COMPREHENSION skills by discussing the various ways artists compose a piece of art.
- CREATE a template which will be used to crop and organize their design.
Adv. Drawing: Continued work with the Bean
- APPLY your ability to locate appendages on the body through a series of quick sketches from a model or pose by emphasizing GEOMETRIC FORMS. in 1 Minute Gesture drawings.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of a gesture drawing by locating and describing where they are in their drawings.
We spent time working yesterday on finding appendages on the model. As you work through the drawings of “the BEAN,” I’d like you to consider what forms (sphere, cylinder, cube) would make up arms and legs. We will take some time to locate these on our models in this week’s pose packets