Ceramics 2: Intergalactic Champions Challenge
- SYNTHESIZE within your ACTION PLAN the steps needed to create a unique project within the project requirements.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Intro to Art: Using Positive and Negative Space to Create a Stencil
- DEMONSTRATE your knowledge of POSITIVE and NEGATIVE space by labeling the areas of a STENCIL
- Be able to orally explain your choices by using specific project related vocabulary terms (ie. Bridge, Island, Frame)
So the next two days (before break!!!) are going to be dedicated to working on this composition. I want to take a little time to give you a little background information about an artist whose work, inspired, the direction that this project is/was headed in. Take a look at Carson Catlin’s work, when you get a chance throughout the hour.
Painting 2: Typographical Triptych Challenge
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding of COMPOSITION skills by creating an original series of paintings to form a TRIPTYCH.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Adv. Drawing: Visual Measurement Techniques
- DEMONSTRATE your comprehension of specific measurements techniques by interpreting a class demonstration technique on a previous drawing of their own.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES on your previous drawing by labeling areas where they may have been off.
I’ll be honest with you guys, after you left I really didn’t feel like I did a good job getting the information out to you that you needed, and in my opinion, if your going to do something, you better do it right! Today we will do a measuring exercise together, from the exact same image, so that you can see first hand some of these techniques (the ENVELOPE and NEGATIVE SPACE) working for your drawing(s).