CERAMICS 2: SUPER SELFIES CHALLENGE
- EXECUTE decisions for which you will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by following your ACTION PLAN.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS and SPECIFIC PROJECT DEADLINES.
Intro to Art: Stencil Challenge Day 2 (Working with Digital Images)
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding for computerized effects by properly following a teacher demonstration in creating multi-layered stencils.
- be able to orally defend and explain their choices by responding to the PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
We are underway with the main part of this challenge!
The next few days will be dedicated to cutting out your stencils and making sure they line up before you start to apply them. I will take a few minutes to go over with you guys some of the best ways to start this out, however you’re going to need to make sure that regardless of the challenge you’ve decided on, you are meeting ALL of the requirements to get full credit.
Painting 2: Illustration Challenge
- CREATE a plan for which you will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by completing an ACTION PLAN.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
What is your interpretation of these two words? There seems to be some confusion on what is being asked of you to complete. I am going to safe you the hassle of coming up to me and asking “Can I do…” by asking you two questions:
- How are you planning on IMAGINATIVELY RETHINKING this illustration?
- Where is the “visually spoken” or “visually written” story represented?
Sign-Up form needs to be filled out below to get materials:
Adv. Drawing: Shape Challenge
- APPLY your ability to locate areas of shadows and highlights by replicating them on abstract shapes.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of SHADING on a drawing by labeling the correct terms within a class exercise.
We will take a little time to review the best way to identify where SHADING needs to take place, however you guys will be assigned a brand-new challenge today that will be due this FRIDAY.
Introducing the SHAPE CHALLENGE!!!
You will receive a handout with a series of abstract shapes in which you will render shades to create the illusion of a THREE-DIMENSIONAL object. It is important to understand that I am not just asking you guys to fill in a GRADIENT (or a blending). These abstract shapes need to have CROSS CONTOURS that show the curves to the 3-D forms.