Ceramics 2: Super Selfies Challenge
Firing Day #2!!!
It’s the start of a brand new (and the last Marking Period)! We are going to spend some time at the start of class explaining how you will post your images, and the way that your grade will be determined from the last requirement. Most of you already are aware of this, however, there are a few dates next week that you also want to keep in mind as we quickly approach the deadline to this project.
- April 29: 3rd Firing Date – (last chance for this project)
- May 1: Super Selfies Deadline: images will be posted with specific hashtag
Intro to Art: Stencil Challenge
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding for computerized effects by properly following a teacher demonstration in creating multi-layered stencils.
- Be able to orally defend and explain their choices by responding to the PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
We are in the midst of creating our work. Many of you will be at different points of this project over the next few days. A huge consideration that needs to be made is the material in which you will apply COLOR to the stencils. Be sure to keep in mind your layers as you consider materials such as paint or marker.
Painting 2: Illustration Challenge
- CREATE a plan for which you will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by completing an ACTION PLAN.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
So we start a full week of “In Class” painting. Many of you will at different points throughout this whole week, however there are going to be some days to keep in mind as this project approaches it’s deadline:
- April 27-29: Studio Work Time: DO NOT GET THIS CONFUSED FREE TIME
- April 30: Class Open Critique – Figure out what you’re doing “right” and what you’re doing “wrong”
- May 1: Sketchbook/Painting Book day (AGAIN NOT A FREE DAY)
- May 4-5: Studio Work Days and Deadline (artist statement needs to be in by the end of the hour)
Adv. Drawing: Final Portfolio explination
I’m going to hold off here from displaying