Ceramics 2: Super Selfies Challenge
Not being in today shouldn’t be an issue for any of you today, considering the point(s) were we are at for the project. Please take this opportunity to use the class time to get as much work done as possible so that you are able to meet tomorrow’s firing day.
As for the projects in the kiln…they will be done firing, however will be incredible hot considering the time in which the shutoff happen was just a few hours ago. Allow them to cool until tomorrow. You may work on classwork from another class or start in on filling out any goal sheets (there isn’t many considering this is just day 2 of the card marking)
- April 29: 3rd Firing Date – (last chance for this project)
- May 1: Super Selfies Deadline: images will be posted with specific hashtag
Intro to Art: Stencil Challenge
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding for computerized effects by properly following a teacher demonstration in creating multi-layered stencils.
- Be able to orally defend and explain their choices by responding to the PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
Business as usual today. I aplogize for not being in, but you guys are all aware of what is needed to take place to meet your Thurs. deadline. Be sure to be thinking about the materials that you will be using and keep track/clean up after yourselfs.
Painting 2: Illustration Challenge
- CREATE a plan for which you will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by completing an ACTION PLAN.
- Be able to orally defend and explain your opinions by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
So we are right into it.
Not being in today shouldn’t be an issue for any of you today, considering the point(s) were we are at for the project. Please take this opportunity to use the class time to get as much work done as possible so that you have something to reflect on during the Open Critique on Thurs. (see below)
- April 27-29: Studio Work Time: DO NOT GET THIS CONFUSED FREE TIME
- April 30: Class Open Critique – Figure out what you’re doing “right” and what you’re doing “wrong”
- May 1: Sketchbook/Painting Book day (AGAIN NOT A FREE DAY)
- May 4-5: Studio Work Days and Deadline (artist statement needs to be in by the end of the hour)
Adv. Drawing: Final Portfolio and Laying Out the Face
- Click and page through Andrew Loomis’ book “Draing teh Heads and Hands”
- Create a series of 5 head drawings (no details) and be able to talk about the steps you’ve used.
We were to get started on the drawing of the head today. Not any specific details, just the layout of basic shapes and what they would look like at different angles. The method that we will use comes from illustrator, Andrew Loomis, whose detailed books give great insight to the fundamentals and steps behind skethching out the face.
I’m able to supply you with a copy of Loomis’ book “Drawing the Heads and Hands” which can be viewed through your phones by clicking on this LINK HERE.
I know this is a book, which requires READING (which I’m sure we all know how this is going to end) but I do think it would do you some good to page through it so as you will have some insight as to the steps we will be taking.
Also, it is a good idea to have a few head sketches already prepared for class tomorrow so we can discuss the steps you already are aware off.