Ceramics 2: Summer Blockbusters (Production Week)
- Follow your created plan for which they will follow specific steps in building a work of art, by completing an ACTION PLAN.
- be able to orally defend and explain their choices by responding to PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
Like I’ve previously stated, this week, many of you will be in various parts of this project throughout the week. An important concept to keep in mind throughout the next five days is that your group is on track for the first firing day this Friday (May 15). Now since you have independent goals that will make up your team’s end of the week goal, it is incredibly important to understand how important each person’s role is throughout the week.
Intro to Art: Creating an Animation Cel
- INTENTIONALLY DEMONSTRATE the proper use of art materials and tools to communicate ideas.
- IDENTIFY and DEFINE problems and reflect upon possible visual solutions to creating an animation cel by ORALLY stating “I am seeing that….” and “To avoid this problem we can…”
Today, we have our class exercise to turn in at the end of the hour. The following items I would like turned in before you leave:
- Hand-painted cel
- Filled in background
Now…with time permitting, we will take a look at some really fun PES, stop motion, animation clips. You can read up more about the artist here at his bio webpage.
Our plan is to take a look at :
Painting 2: Pointillism vs Ben-Day Dot
- IDENTIFY qualities of POINTILLISM in fine art by recognizing and describing areas in art examples
- Be able to orally describe the characteristics of POINTILLISM by creating a color wheel that mimics the techniques observed from an in-class demonstration
Today you will be turning in your class exercise identifying the characteristics of both POINTILLISM and BEN-DAY DOT techniques. We will also use some of the class (2nd half) to go review some of the specifics about your final project.
Adv. Drawing: Final Portfolio
- APPLY organizational principles and methods to create original works of art for a portfolio purpose.
- IDENTIFY, DEFINE problems, and REFLECT upon possible visual solutions to their final portfolio by writing a daily goal.
Where are you at with your portfolio?
This Friday…I am canceling the weekly sketch to end the week with (a much needed) critique. You will need to have what you’ve worked on thus far in class present along with your reference image (printed). This is not a trap or a trick, this should be looked at as a much needed midway reflection before our live drawing on May 20’s Fine Arts night.