Intro to Art: Value Study Challenge Project
- Show your ability to proficiently understand and be aware of VALUE by transferring appropriate shades from a reference image.
- Utilize your prior knowledge by referring to their VALUE SCALE techniques to replicate specific tones.
Today, I’d like to take some time to discuss the 4th, and most overlooked requirement for this project:
Craftsmanship counts: Work is clean from smudges around the border and has an artist signature
Now this is where most people will come in and say, “I thought you said this wasn’t a drawing class!!!” Take a look at a few of the examples picture below…what do feel fits your image the best?
Painting 1: Abstract Color Theory Challenge
- Apply your comprehension skills for developing a personal piece of artwork by following the requirements of the project.
- Be able to describe, either by writing or through discussion the personal choices you’ve already made, and/or will be making for your personal piece
Ceramics 1: Relief Stamp and Pinch Pot set
- Continue to demonstrate application of HAND-BUILDING techniques by creating a RELIEF STAMP
- Be able to predict the level of success that your stamp will have based off of prior knowledge