WHO’S FAILING? Whose failing in the attempts but still coming out on top? Whose failing because they are NOT DOING THEIR WORK? HUGE DIFFERENCE!
“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
Intro to Art: Line Shapes Exercise
- Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
Reflection/Evaluation: How did you use LINE in a previous work that you enjoyed? How could you use the idea to create new works to represent something more?
Painting 1: 3 Apples Challenge (Artist Statement)
- Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Respond to the CHALLENGE REQUIREMENTS by identifying areas that you struggle with before you start a painting.
- What did the PROJECT REQUIREMENTS do to help you better realize the image / composition you created? How did the PROCESS help you or hold you back?
Reflection / Evaluation: As you look back on the development of your composition, what are especially satisfied about? What are 3 things that you feel are successful compositionally? What did you add to the critique?
Ceramics 1: Dia de los Muertos Skulls and Remembrance Bowls
- Be able to respond to the PROJECT REQUIREMENTS, by prioritizing their daily tasks through filling out a DAILY GOAL FORM.
- Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
Reflection / Evaluation: What CHALLENGES did you face today? How did you go about SOLVING that challenge