Intro to Art: Lined Shapes Composition
- Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from and supports the information or explanation presented by filling out a Daily Goal Form
Using the HELP FOLDER associated with this project challenge, each student will be required to carry out the set of requirements needed to successfully build a lined shape composition.
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: What is the ONE big challenge you faced while building this composition? Which areas do you feel like NAILED in the completion of this work? Explain both ideas in your GOAL SHEET.
Painting 1: Typographical Triptych Challenge
- Apply your understanding of COMPOSITION to create a series of thumbnail compositions using a letter/font of their choice
- Respond to the REFLECTION / EVALUATION question:What challenges do you think you will face as it comes to the idea of making a painting INTERESTING? How do you start a COMPOSITION and build your work up from there?
As you use the hour to work through your triptych, I’d like you to keep the REFLECTION question in mind. Considering one of the requirements for this project will be to create an ARTIST STATEMENT (just like every other painting), it may be a good idea to ponder those elements of the statement process as you work through your composition.
Ceramics 1: Creating 3-D Forms
- Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Reflection / Evaluation: What is was your CONCENTRATION about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE on your DAILY GOAL SHEET.
Now that the hard part is over, students will watch an in-class demonstration that walks each person through the correct steps in creating a proportionally stable clay cube. It will be each student’s responsibility to keep the clay in proper working condition as this demonstration will take the next few days. Students will be encouraged to investigate the project’s HELP FOLDER with the associated slides, exemplar photos and requirements for the following project challenge.