Intro to Art: Introduction to Perspective Drawing
- Provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING image of the high school hallways?
So today starts our in class discussion on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING. As we move through the week doing in-class demonstrations together, I’d like you to also keep in the back of your mind what makes an image INTERESTING. Is it the color, the spacing, the lines? How can you manipulate the steps that we will be discussing in class to make your images “INTERESTING”?
Painting 1: Typographical Triptych Challenge
- Create artwork using materials and techniques with skill so that personal intentions and basic understanding of the themed/timed sketch is complete
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
Reflection / Evaluation: Since you were creating an image that you had no pre-conceived idea as to what it would end up looking like, I’d like you to talk to your partner about ONE area of strength and ONE area of weakness that you feel your final composition has in it. What types of adjustments would you have been able to make if you KNEW what types of words you were going to get? Do you still feel as though you would have made the same mistakes? EXPLAIN
Ceramics 1: De-Constructed Cube
- Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Reflection / Evaluation: What is was your CONCENTRATION about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE on your DAILY GOAL SHEET.
Now that the hard part is over, students will watch an in-class demonstration that walks each person through the correct steps in creating a proportionally stable clay cube. It will be each student’s responsibility to keep the clay in proper working condition as this demonstration will take the next few days. Students will be encouraged to investigate the project’s HELP FOLDER with the associated slides, exemplar photos and requirements for the following project challenge.