Intro To Art: 1 PT Perspective Challenge
- Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
- Take a look at your previous week’s works – where did you struggle the most with the idea of the perspective? Where did you succeed the most? How do you use the ideas of PERSPECTIVE RULES to better define the ideas of form (in the receding lines especially)?
Check out the 2 day challenge that has been presented in class. You can find the requirements here.
Painting 1: Peace Exchange Show
Text someone in your phone: “thank you” or ” I love you” Write a letter to your future self explaining how proud you are. Create a list of 20 things you are as a person (ie. a human, a male/female, a student, a teacher…etc.)
- Cross off those items and reflect on what you would be left with as a person.
*see in class discussion
Ceramics 1: De-Constructed Cube
- Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Reflection / Evaluation: What is was your CONCENTRATION about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE on your DAILY GOAL SHEET.
Now that the hard part is over, students will watch an in-class demonstration that walks each person through the correct steps in creating a proportionally stable clay cube. It will be each student’s responsibility to keep the clay in proper working condition as this demonstration will take the next few days. Students will be encouraged to investigate the project’s HELP FOLDER with the associated slides, exemplar photos and requirements for the following project challenge.