Intro to Art: Sketchbook Challenge
It’s Friday!!! Which means…you know it, another sketchbook challenge.
Today’s challenge will take on a bit of a twist since what we’ve been working with over the past few days is a totally new medium.
Your sketchbook challenge today will incorporate watercolor and pen & ink. Take a look at the steps below:
- Pre-wet your paper (by brushing a THIN coat of water)
- Select your colors:
- 2 Primary colors
- 1 Secondary color
- 2 Tertiary colors
- Drop small amounts of pre-mix watercolor onto your already wet paper
- Experiment with your colors, and take note of what happens with the water
- Trace out the abstract shapes with pen!
Use the hashtag #MHSsketchbookchallenge
What types of things did you notice your paint did when it was applied to the paper? How did the colors you choose mix together? Where there any interesting shapes or forms that occurred? What types of additional characteristics were added to your paper once you started tracing the lines in pen?
Ceramics 2: Royal Flush Challenge
- STWBAT initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation by creating a ACTION PLAN
- STW discuss their choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers.