Intro to Art: Sketchbook Challenge “BLOW UP”
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
- You will get 10 minutes to walk around the school (that public place that you deal with on a daily basis). There will be a timer, and you will need to be back before that timer goes off.
- Take a photo of something that is familiar to you, not to close and not to far away
- Together, we will take 3 minutes (I know a whole three minutes) and “study” the image.
- Once the timer is up, use your phone’s ability to “ZOOM” in and out to take a detailed photo of something you noticed while looking at the original.
- Upload your “ZOOMED” in photo using the hashtag #MHSsketchbookchallenge and describe what and why you noticed what you did.
Reflection Question: While 3 minutes doesn’t necessarily seem like a long time, I bet through the observation period some of you were wondering when it would be over. I’d like to hear your honest opinion on how this made you feel. That is, staring at something for such a long time, did it make you actually take notice of something new, did it make you feel a bit uncomfortable, or did you feel like this was a bit of a waste of time?
Either way, explain your answer to receive credit for this week’s assignment.
Painting 2: Memory Project Photo Update
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding for the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
- SUMMARIZE their opinions of their themed sketch by writing a 4-step critique
Now while we normally treat Friday as a sketchbook challenge day, the next few Fridays are going to be approached in a different fashion.
Today marks the first “Photo Update” that I will be asking you to document for your final portfolio. We will discuss the importance of documenting the creative process so that building your portfolio not only features your strongest work but also presents it in a manner that shows great accomplishment.
You will need access to a camera (smartphone will do), computer with the internet (again, your smartphone will do) and the Google Drive mobile app. This app will be your best friend when documenting the process you make on not only your Memory Project piece, but also your portfolio as a whole.
Ceramics 2: Intergalactic Champions Challenge
- Initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation by following through with their ACTION PLAN
- Discuss their choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers.
REFLECTION / EVALUATION: Consider all the requirements that have been presented with this midterm project. Which areas do you believe will be more demanding when trying to solve? Which areas do you believe you will easily succeed at? Choose one option to describe in detail.