Intro to Art: 1 Pt. Perspective Drawing
- Provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on 1 PT PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING drawing?
During our last class, we started to talk about how you could make things look three-dimensional. We will continue that process today, focusing on more complex shapes as well as drawing a specific image, like lettering, objects that are “see thru”, and ellipses (circles).
Graphic Coms: Typographic Portrait
- Create a CUSTOM BRUSH TYPOGRAPHY portrait using text and layer masks.
- Listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the demonstration by checking their peers work through a private critique.
Last class period, we spent the hour creating custom brushes. For those of you that were absent, you will want to check this link for a further description of this process:
Today we will be focusing on using those brushes to create a TYPOGRAPHIC portrait, or a design that utilizes text as the main design element.
Drawing: Grid Enlargement
- Apply their understanding for enlarging a photograph by recalling steps taken to create a grid drawing and building an enlarged image from a photograph.
- Listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the GRID ENLARGEMENT process by checking their peers work through a private critique.