Intro To Art: 2 PT Perspective Challenge
- Create solutions to specific perspective problems that demonstrate competence in producing effective relationships between structural choices and artistic functions by taking reference photos throughout the school that will be used for their project.
- Discuss their choices and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas by being able to defend the choices made with their peers by responding to the Reflection / Evaluation question:
So today starts our in class discussion on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING. As you examined a few pieces in the HELP FOLDER throughout the hour, I’d like you to identify which pieces stand out as being interesting to you. Keeping in mind all the different characteristics of PERSPECTIVE DRAWING, what types of things could you or do you plan on doing to make your work INTERESTING. Is it the color, the spacing, the lines?
Graphic Coms: Introduction to Smart Objects
- Use SMART OBJECTS to alter the appearance of an image
- Listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the demonstration by checking their peers work through a private critique.
Time for an in-class demonstration on what exactly SMART OBJECTS are. Now there are a ton of links for understanding exactly what a SMART OBJECT does, however, if your the type of person that needs to “see for yourself” today’s demonstration should help.
Since nothing is specifically being turned in through Edmodo over the next few days, be sure to take the time to download the files needed for Thurs-Fri class early.
Drawing: Perspective in Real Life Challenge
- Provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING drawing that gives the optical illusion of space being manipulated?