- Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes by using X-ACTO knives to create a 3-4 color stencil
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a multi-color stencil using steps that are demonstrated in class.
We are continuing with the work that we started on in yesterday’s class, the multi-colored stencil. While you will have some time in class today to work on this exercise, I am expecting you guys to be able to submit your work by the end of the hour.
REFLECTION QUESTION: What types of things did you notice if you mix up the layers for your stencil? Is/Was there a way to work yourself out of a mistake if you printed the wrong color or followed the wrong order?
Graphic Coms: Getting to Know Illustrator
- EXPLORE the Illustrator workspace by familiarizing themselves with basic image creation functions.
- Use complete sentences when asking questions in class.
Students will familiarize themselves with adding text and color to their design.
Along with setting and changing preferences, students will learn how to re-color objects in their artwork. We will be discussing color swatches and color gradients as well as ways we can add text to a path and format (design) that text to work with our object.
Adv. Drawing: Loomis Method of Portrait Drawing (cont.)
- DEMONSTRATE your level of comprehension for proportion and space involving the drawing of a face by practicing through a demonstration.
- IDENTIFY characteristics of portraiture drawing by labeling the correct terms within guided notes.
So in yesterday’s class we reviewed some of the concepts of drawing the head, breaking the skull down into two geometric forms. We continued to work through some observations of how the “MEASURING” lines change as the head turns to the side.
Today we will focus on the head TILTING in space. Tilting both up and down and focus on what types of features we would be able to see (therefore draw) and which features would be lost due to perspective.