Intro to Art: Watercolor Experiments (Day 1)
- Understand and apply media, techniques, and processes by following an in-class watercolor demonstration using various “non-traditional” painting materials.
- Write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
Reflection Question: What do you or have you already experienced with paint? Considering all the things we discussed in class today, what is ONE thing that was new to you that had been presented in class?
Graphic Coms: Working with Text (Typing on a Path)
- STWBAT EXPLORE:
- typing text on a path
- assigning different values to the TRACKING and BASELINE SHIFTS
- SW use complete sentences when asking questions in class.
Over the next few days in class we will be discussing how to work with text and the various options you have as a user. We will exclusively be working with the CHARACTER panel throughout in-class demonstrations, so be mindful of how this option works before diving in.
All files can be located on Edmodo.
Adv. Drawing: Longer Timed Gesture Drawings
- STWBAT RECALL information and specific characteristics of GESTURE DRAWING by recognizing the visual components in a class lecture.
- STW ORALLY ask any questions about the project demonstration they may have using complete sentences.
Today we will discuss in class, the specifics of drawing quickly without losing any information from your overall. We will take some time looking over this weeks pose packet as we work through each individual pose.