Intro to Art: Watercolor Painting Challenge (Part 1)
- APPLY media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a unique abstract watercolor painting
Over the next two days, you will be tasked with creating TWO (2) abstract and unique watercolor painting that takes into consideration the techniques that we have practiced in class as well as your understanding of color theory.
Be sure to write down the requirements on the back of your paper so that you can keep track of your progress:
- Must use the following number of colors:
- 2 Primary
- 1 Secondary
- 1 Tertiary
- Must have 1 COMPLEMENT color featured
- Painting must feature 4 WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUES from in-class practice.
- A REASONABLE EFFORT needs to be made to cover 100% of the paper.
As an aid you can use THIS SITE to help you when looking at and reviewing the ideas connected to selecting color(s).
Below I’ve also collected a series of images that may help you with some inspiration from past classes: