Intro to Art: Hand Painted Animation Cels
- RECOGNIZE the proper steps and techniques needed to create a TRADITIONAL ANIMATION CEL through a class demonstration.
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the class demonstration by LISTENING to multi-step instructions
As a continuation of our last class, everyone will get the hour to work on creating their cels with the necessary materials needed so as by this Wed. filming and recording can take place.
You will be tasked with creating an animation based off of the Disney character, Mickey Mouse. You will be following along with a demo, as well as being introduced to some tools that will help this process out.
Graphic Coms: Using IMAGE TRACE to Automate Vector Art
- UTILIZE the IMAGE TRACE function to AUTOMATE the drawing of paths and anchor points on a digital image used to create vector art
- Orally explain the use of the term AUTOMATE as it relates to computer functions by discussing steps in the image process in small groups.
While we will be introducing ourselves to a new feature in the program today, the goal is not necessarily to be able to use it but to understand HOW it works and why a designer would or should refer to this tool depending on the job.
Adv. Drawing: Color Pencil Techniques
- Choose from a variety different colored media to use in a class demonstration of COLOR THEORY information
- Orally be able to describe the specific tools needed and their reasoning for use when creating a drawing that has color properties in it.
Today we start an “in-class” tutorial on using colored pencils to achieve color. We will discuss color characteristics such as COLOR BALANCE, HARMONY and SCHEME while working through a handout that you will refer to on an assignment to come later in the week.