Intro to Art and Drawing: Sketchbook Challenge #2
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
Number 2 on it’s way…
This Friday’s theme will incorporate “some of” the materials you have used before, but more importantly, some CONCEPTS that we have been discussing in class. In the beginning of the hour, I will present the theme, and you will have 1 full class period to work on your idea…the following are the guidelines and rules for this challenge:
- You may use any materials in the class or personal tools that you have to work your idea out.
- Even though this is called a “sketch” challenge, you are not limited to just drawing. Any style of art can be used including ink, watercolor, pastel, etc.
- Students must follow the theme for credit, but are encouraged to creatively think their way through the theme.
- Within 24 hrs. students are required to POST their work through either a social media platform such as Instagram or Twitter or by email using the specific hashtag #MHSsketchbookChallenge
So what is this week’s theme?
World’s Worst Children’s Book Monochromatic Character
Digital Multimedia: Applications and File Extensions
- STWBAT demonstrate their understanding of the Mac interface by reviewing short tutorial videos that explain the setup, workspace, and navigation throughout the software.
- SW discuss questions and concerns they have with the videos using content specific language.
Lesson 1.5 File Extensions
Continuing from yesterday’s class, we will be finishing up the assignment and familiarizing ourselves with the process of digitally turning in an assignment to EDMODO, while also reviewing some common file extensions.