- Show proficiency and utilize prior knowledge in their understanding and awareness of VALUE by transferring appropriate shades from a reference image by referring to their VALUE SCALE to locate values in their image.
- Orally ask any questions about the project demonstration they may have using complete sentences.
We are entering the last few days of work dedicated to this project and I think it is important to revisit the purpose of this challenge.
The goal was for each of you to not only be able to use the drawing pencils to shade values but be able to identify the subtle differences between those values and what steps/tools you could use to achieve those values.
Images used in class for demonstration:
Graphic Coms: App Button Challenge
- SWBAT plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their in-class logo
- STW utilize prior working knowledge to effectively carry out their intentions while using content specific vocabulary to discuss concerns with their work.
Today, we will review your very first project challenge in this class, in which you will have the following 7 days to complete. This project will be due Oct. 4 at midnight. Refer to your hour’s Edmodo site for supplemental materials.
Drawing: Introduction to Contour Line
- STWBAT apply their understanding for LINE by practicing CONTOUR LINE tracings.
- SW identify characteristics of line by taking visual notes in their sketchbooks.
So here we go…
Today in class we will be taking a look at an element or style of drawing called CONTOUR LINE DRAWING. This will be a unique look at how some artists start sketching out ideas in their sketchbooks, and while at first glance it may seem messy or like your simply drawing scribbles there is some importance to being able to see the simple outline of your subject.
Before we begin this, however, I want to demonstrate some warm-up activities that you should keep in mind as you set yourself up to draw. Remember, Drawing is a muscle memory exercise, athletes stretch before they workout, why not artists.