Intro to Art: Value Challenge
- Show proficiency and utilize prior knowledge in their understanding and awareness of VALUE by transferring appropriate shades from a reference image by referring to their VALUE SCALE to locate values in their image.
- Orally ask any questions about the project demonstration they may have using complete sentences.
The goal was for each of you to not only be able to use the drawing pencils to shade values but be able to identify the subtle differences between those values and what steps/tools you could use to achieve those values.
As you work throughout the next few days on this project, I’d like you to ask yourself whether or not you’re representing the values that are present on your image properly and if not what types of steps do you need to take to get those values to match.
Graphic Coms: Mastering Selection Tools
- STWBAT use the various types of SELECTION TOOLS featured in Photoshop to gain a better understanding for best practices
- SW discuss questions and answers using content-specific vocabulary.
Today we will take a look at what type of power you, as a user you have a variety of different tools available to you to be able to select pixels in an image to edit. Today we will be exploring the difference between the LASSO TOOLS and MAGIC WAND and QUICK SELECTION tools
Terms reviewed in class will include:
- Lasso Tool
- Polygonal Lasso Tool
- Magnetic Lasso Too
- Magic Wand
- Quick Selection
Your current project (Personal Logo)will be due
Oct. 4 Oct. 9 at midnight. Refer to your hour’s Edmodo site for supplemental materials.
Drawing: Contour Line Critiques
- STWBAT apply their understanding for LINE by practicing CONTOUR LINE tracings.
- SW identify characteristics of line by taking visual notes in their sketchbooks.
So here we go…
In preparation for this Wed. “Picasso Problem” drawing quiz, we will take some time to look at your work from last week’s leaf practice.
In preparation for your upcoming drawing quiz…I have linked the reference image below for you to be able to practice outside of class.