Intro to Art: Introduction to Perspective Drawing
- STWBAT provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- STW write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING image of the high school hallways?
So today starts our in class discussion on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING. As we move through the week doing in-class demonstrations together, I’d like you to also keep in the back of your mind what makes an image INTERESTING. Is it the color, the spacing, the lines? How can you manipulate the steps that we will be discussing in class to make your images “INTERESTING”?
Digital Multimedia: Paintbrushes
- SWBAT describe the digital characteristics, and proper usage of the PAINTBRUSH tool as well as how to download and install custom made brushes
- SW listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the demonstration by checking their peers work through a private critique.
While MASKING may be looked at as the best “feature” Photoshop has to offer, the vast assortment of paintbrushes would most likely be deemed the best tool to use when created customized and special effects. While most users will simply click on the paintbrush icon and move their mouse around the screen, we will specifically work towards understanding some of the characteristics a brush has and how to alter them for your own use.
Drawing: Introduction to Color Theory
- SWBAT use choose from a variety different colored media to use in a class demonstration of COLOR THEORY information
- SW orally be able to describe the specific tools needed and their reasoning for use when creating a drawing that has color properties in it.
Today we start a few day in class tutorial on using colored pencils to achieve color. We will discuss color characteristics such as COLOR BALANCE, HARMONY and SCHEME while working through a handout that you will refer to on a assignment to come later in the week.