Intro to Art: 1 PT. Perspective Rules
- STWBAT provide evidence through experimentation, practice, and persistence, the demonstration of new skills and knowledge in a chosen art form by following a class demonstration on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING.
- STW write arguments to support claims that your intentions HAVE been carried out using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence by answering the REFLECTION/ EVALUATION question:
What are two things that you think are going to be challenging in creating a SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING image of the high school hallways?
So today continues our in class discussion on PERSPECTIVE DRAWING. As we move through the week doing in-class demonstrations together, I’d like you to also keep in the back of your mind what makes an image INTERESTING. Is it the color, the spacing, the lines? How can you manipulate the steps that we will be discussing in class to make your images “INTERESTING”?
Digital Multimedia: Creating a Brush from an Image
- SWBAT create a PAINTBRUSH in Adobe Photoshop from an image.
- SW listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the demonstration by checking their peers work through a private critique.
Students will follow a set of printed instructions which will be made available by a sharable link on their respective EDMODO course page that walks them through the process of creating a PAINTBRUSH from an image.
Drawing: Color Theory and Technique with Colored Pencils
- SWBAT use choose from a variety different colored media to use in a class demonstration of COLOR THEORY information
- SW orally be able to describe the specific tools needed and their reasoning for use when creating a drawing that has color properties in it.
Today we start a few day in-class tutorial on using colored pencils to achieve color. We will discuss color characteristics such as COLOR BALANCE, HARMONY, and SCHEME while working through a handout that you will refer to on an assignment to come later in the week.