Intro to Art: SKETCHBOOK CHALLENGE #3
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding for the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
These sketchbook challenges were intended to be a bit of a “palette cleanser” or a change from the typical make stuff atmosphere that we can get caught up in an art class.
This Week’s Themed Challenge:
- Find 3 random objects from throughout the art room and organize them together for a single photo to be taken.
- Knowing what we’ve already discussed about POSITIVE and NEGATIVE space, use your pencil to draw/outline all the GAPS (NEGATIVE SPACE) in your photograph.
- IMPORTANT: Focus just space around the objects and the open areas between the objects. No details should be drawn.
- Only using TWO COLORS, focus on filling in these areas with a color scheme that brings attention to the new, abstract shape. Be sure to fill in all the NEGATIVE/POSITIVE spaces leaving NO WHITE GAPS BEHIND.
- Post your new drawing within 24 hrs. using the hashtag…#MHSsketchbookChallenge
For anyone interested in recommending music to listen to, you can SUBSCRIBE my Sketchbook Challenge Playlist below and add recommendations with the link: Sketchbook Challenge Playlist