Intro to Art and Drawing: First Sketchbook Challenge
- DEMONSTRATE their understanding of the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
It’s finally here…
Our first “ART” adventure! I’m not really sure what I meant by that, but needless to say we are shifting gears from “rules and routines” talk to CREATING, and that is a good thing.
Every Friday you will have a themed SKETCHBOOK CHALLENGE. In the beginning of the hour I will present the theme, and you will have 1 full class period to work on your idea…the following are the guidelines and rules for this challenge:
- You may use any materials in the class or personal tools that you have to work your idea out.
- Even though this is called a “sketch” challenge, you are not limited to just drawing. Any style of art can be used including ink, watercolor, pastel, etc.
- Students must follow the theme for credit, but are encouraged to creatively think their way through the theme.
- Within 24 hrs. students are required to POST their work through either a social media platform such as Instagram or Twitter or by email using the specific hashtag #MHSsketchbookChallenge
So what is this week’s theme?
“When Summer Break Goes Wrong”