Intro to Art and Drawing: Sketchbook Challenge #9
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding of the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
So here we are… in the middle of our second major project and approaching our ninth sketchbook challenge. Student participation has dropped off significantly since we started these at the beginning of the year. As a reminder, this “assignment” is a credit/no credit task. Many students are losing really easy points, simply by not paying attention to the prompt, challenge, or rules of the sketch challenge.
With all that said, this week’s challenge should be a “softball” for you guys to hit. Hopefully, we can get participation up, and back on track for exam exemption
This Week’s Themed Challenge:
- November is known on social media as “MOVEMBER” an men’s health awareness campaign started a few years ago by raising funds by men growing mustaches or beards.
- Your challenge for this week is simply:
- DRAW ANY CARTOON CHARACTER THAT HAS A MUSTACHE
- You may use any drawing material to start out your sketch, however, to receive credit, you must finish your drawing by taking up at least 75% of your paper. In other words…when you post a photo or email your work, the paper boundaries should be seen so that its obvious you used the majority of the drawing surface.
- Post your new drawing within 24 hrs. using the hashtag…#MHSsketchbookChallenge