Intro to Art and Drawing: Sketchbook Challenge #10
- DEMONSTRATE your understanding of the procedures of the weekly sketchbook by completing a themed/timed sketch.
So here we are… in the middle of our second major project and approaching our ninth sketchbook challenge. Student participation has dropped off significantly since we started these at the beginning of the year. As a reminder, this “assignment” is a credit/no credit task. Many students are losing really easy points, simply by not paying attention to the prompt, challenge, or rules of the sketch challenge.
With all that said, this week’s challenge should be a “softball” for you guys to hit. Hopefully, we can get participation up, and back on track for exam exemption
This Week’s Themed Challenge:
- November is known on social media as “MOVEMBER” an men’s health awareness campaign started a few years ago by raising funds by men growing mustaches or beards.
- Your challenge for this week is “piggy-backs” on our study of PERSPECTIVE DRAWING
- USING THE 1 PT PERSPECTIVE GRID, CHOOSE ONE (1) OF THE MUSTACHE SHAPES BELOW TO DRAW IN PROPER 1 PT. PERSPECTIVE.
- You may use any drawing material to start out your sketch, however, to receive credit, you must FOLLOW ALL PERSPECTIVE RULES (see notes).
- Post your new drawing within 24 hrs. using the hashtag…#MHSsketchbookChallenge