Intro to Art: Selfie Stencil Challenge Day 2
- Understanding and applying digital tools, techniques, and processes by using Adobe Photoshop to manipulate photographs which will be used to create a stencil.
- Apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks by creating a 3 color stencil using steps that are demonstrated in class.
So it’s time for our first “real” project. Below you will find the necessary information including, Project Requirments Presentation, Digital Template links, and YouTube Tutorial videos. Familiarize yourself with everything and make yourself aware of this project’s unique guidelines and deadline.
“HOPE” Poster Demo
Andy Warhol “Marilyns” Demo
- Andy Warhol “Marilyns” Photoshop Template
- Shepard Fairey “HOPE” Photoshop Template
- Multi-Color Stencil Cheat-Sheet
Adv. Drawing: Chuck Close Experiment
- Apply their understanding for enlarging a photograph by recalling steps taken to create a grid drawing and building an enlarged image from a photograph.
- Listen to directions and be able to retell specific steps taken in the GRID ENLARGEMENT process by checking their peers work through a private critique.
Keeping in mind there is not a wrong or right answer, What types of SHAPES are you going to focus on as you move through the various details of your portrait? Are those SHAPES really there? What does it mean to SIMPLIFY the box?
What are you PLANNING now so that TOMORROW will be successful?
Last week we had a little “fun” trying to use the ruler to set up a grid. Regardless of where you are at today, we will be spending some time in class to double-check to make sure that our grids are set up correctly to ensure that we, in fact, can ENLARGE our image.
Now for those of you who are able to get the grid complete or may have been absent check out this link for some additional info on using a grid to enlarge a drawing: